Birthday - art contest

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: Birthday - art contest

Post by silvermoondragon »

Here is my art contest entry, if you click on the image, it has a link to the larger version:

You have your crazy samanayr sushi chef, your Bio-o-rama content entrant(whose also drawing), a winged samanayr trying to put up a banner by himself, and another samanayr who is mistakenly trying to open a poor present mimic samanayr who got in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I'm amazed my scanner cooperated with me this morning and let me scan my entry on the first try... It's been so long since I colored anything...

Not sure just what Bloom has in mind as far as celebration plans for the birthday...but she sure is happy that she found a new friend to enjoy them with! And no...I'm not entirely sure what the sushi dragon is lounging on there. Or how big sushi dragons are compared to Sams. Ah well...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ogre
Mad Scientist

Post by Ogre »

'I made you a cupcake, but I eated it.'
Mystic of the Fire's Calling, Claw of the Dark Sunrise (human-ish form), and Glint of the Ice Prism (human-ish form).

:o RAINBOW HAIR AAAAAAAAAAGH. -headdesk-
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Well, I hope you consider Burning of the Festive Flame appropriately birthday themed like I did, because here she is in beaded tapestry form:

Image Image

Hope you don't mind if I left her in the same pose as well; I've never done a figure in beads before, and I really wasn't sure if it would look enough like a Sam without having something to compare it to. ^^
Great job on all the entries everyone! I'm definitely glad I don't have to judge any of these contests... *grins, and runs off to try writing something just to get a participation reward*
Last edited by Janalee on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

SO.

I had this great idea of doing like a comic book page, the top panel would be the setting, an outdoor birthday party, with a table that had a cake and some snacks on it, from the tree nearby would be a onigiri-shaped pinata, and in the background a corkboard with a picture of Glint on it, with a couple of tails pinned around him. Glint himself would be standing in front of it, and an anonymous Samanayr would be blindfolded and taking their turn. But as it turns out in the next few panels, the Samanayr would pin the tail on the ACTUAL Glint instead of the picture. Complete with cloud of dust and action lines with the word "AIEEEE!" across the front, as Glint leaped into the air when the tail was pinned on him.

I sketched it, but alas, I have no way of actually getting it on the computer. So instead.. my epic Paint skillz have made an encore appearance. XD Yay for participation prizes! :D
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

My extremely silly entry- Sa'grisayr in a BOX. D:

Doesn't she just look happy. >_>

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Eee, so many awesome art entries :D I have no idea how we're going to decide!

Sorry I haven't actually posted to this thread yet, but I've been watching all of the art being posted and thoroughly enjoying them X3

@Jennalyn - Poor deceived Spike XD XD We'll find him some real meat! And very awesome Paint skillz :D

@LvSoulFriend - Aww, poor Glint XD But he should be happy! He'll get that whole cake to himself now - I'd imagine nobody else would want any now that he's sat in it..

@CosmicDragon - That's Playdough? Wow, that's awesome XD And adorable!

@Celestial - Very cute, I like the waving Aboreal hanging from the tree XD

@Math - Aw, what cute little Sams :D Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of computer art!

@YourLittleHermione - I know I already gushed over this on PI, but it is just such an adorable piece XD And I just love the sushi-cake - I want one for real!

@Bluestarwolf12 - Yaaay rainbowy :D I love rainbows!

@Kendarath - Awww, how cute :D Looks like Shadow managed to blow out all of the candles!

@sera - Ooh, that's a neat idea! I'm not surprised your hands are killing you, that looks like a lot of work XD Very cool!

@silvermoondragon - Oh man, the crazy sushi chef made me lol XD And the present mimic! Hee hee hee. What a lovely scene :D

@Origami_Dragon - Aww XD I'm glad Bloom's found a new friend! Now, will she be playing with him, or eating him? :O

@Ogre - Whooo, anthro-Sams, awesome XD Glint looks so badass!

@Janalee - Oh wow, that's so cool! And definitely a Samanayr first, no other Sam has been rendered in beads before XD It's very well done too, I can definitely tell that's Burning!

@Asara - Awww, poor Glint XD Sorry you didn't get a chance to do your comic page, but whoo for epic Paint skillz :D

@Britain - I'd love to get a Sam-in-a-box as a present XD How cute!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

I was planning on adding more samanayrs to the scene, but the Guess a Samanayr stole my free time, and my soul... XD
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Janalee »

Hehe, I kind of was hoping there weren't any other beaded Sams out there. XD Figured I might as well have some fun with a different medium, especially when I saw I didn't stand a chance against all the great drawers and creative people here. And I'm glad to hear she didn't end up so stick-figurey that you couldn't tell who she was too!
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Did I make it in time?

*Hopes*
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

I was going to do more with the background, but work cut into my time to getting it done. >_o
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Hehe, thanks Sushi XD Perhaps I'll keep working on it, and post it anyway, if I ever get a scanner hooked up to my computer or find my stinking camera...
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Hee, I'm pretty sure that Bloom will be playing with her new friend, not eating them. Don't think she's a sushi eater.

And I don't envy you the judging of this. There's so many lovely entries! Good luck everyone!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

I just realized that I forgot to PM my entry... *headesk headesk headesk headesk headesk headesk headesk headesk headesk* Noooooooo! T_T
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

If you forgot to PM your entry, better do it quickly!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Bluestarwolf12
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Thank you Sushi! I've PMed it. ^_^;
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Janalee »

*joins in the headdesking* At least you noticed it much earlier than I did, Bluestarwolf12. *crooked grin* Ah well, at least I got to learn a few things about beading anyway.
Math
Life without Sams is like Life without Air... It's Not Possible!

Post by Math »

With all these great entries, Lull is going to be my only sam for quite awhile.
ImageImage