In Honor of the Eldest - A Samanayr RP Scavenger Hunt

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.

Sound like your kind of game?

Sure! I love games, no matter what type they are!
41%
Sure! I love roleplaying more than anything!
33%
Sounds pretty fun. Maybe I'll play.
15%
Aww man, I'm not really interested in the premise.
No votes
Aww man, I'd play if it wasn't writing.
11%

Total votes: 27

Nighthenge
Mystic
Mystic

Re: In Honor of the Eldest - A Samanayr RP Scavenger Hunt

Post by Nighthenge »

The internet ate my post :cry:

I don't know if I'll have time to redo it.
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

I am working on my entry. @_@ Splendor is proving to be quite... difficult. XD
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

As a remind to all you awesome people, you have roughly four hours to get entries in and/or edit existing entries! <3 Unless my math is wrong. Heheh.
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Totaaaaaaaaaaally ran out of time on this one. Way too much snuck up and grabbed me over the weekend, and work today refused to cease! Many apologies to Princess, but I look forward to seeing what you other successful hunters have gotten in! <3!
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Post by Puuka »

You still have an hour Del, you might be able to come up with something in that time? <3

*types frantically at her own story's ending*
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

*plops down tiredly* Finished and submitted two minutes before the end. Please forgive spelling and accents mistakes near the end; I was rushing to get it done in time. The story got cut a bit short near the end. I'd planned to develop the time spent along the sea cliffs a bit more but I'm happy with it anyways. I also didn't have time to add color to the text for the second half but oh well.

Thanks for the great event Jenn. I had so much fun writing this. It's really the first piece of recreational writing I've done in months since I've have had so much to do with college and work so it was wonderful to sit down and just write again.
Last edited by Echos on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy

Post by Puuka »

OMG! I finished! T.T 12:00 On the freaking dot! *dies*
I had to rush just a bit on the end, but I'm happy. Now I can go to bed xD It's 3 am here!
Great job everyone! I can't wait to sit down and read them all now! <3
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Eirnae »

Oh no! :( I got in that last edit because I accidentally had Princess talk in my ending, and then I realized at the last minute how that might be taken, so I edited her voice part out ...

Have I disqualified myself because my edit was precisely submitted at 12:00 am? :?
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy

Post by Puuka »

Oh no! I just realized that it ended at 11:59. :O
Jenn will I be disqualified because I posted seconds late? I didn't realize! T.T

Edit:
I notice that came off as a little desperate. I guess it is because I've been writing all day on and off chasing my one year old. I finally got to sit down at 10 after he went to bed and have been writing since.
I do want you to know that I'm not bitter or anything if I didn't get in. This was a greatly entertaining event, I hope you'll run more in the near future! <3
Last edited by Puuka on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

And I just realized I got the colors wrong for all the colored text anyways XD Oh well, once all the entries are judged I might go back and fix it if that ok with you Jenn. I'm sort of a perfectionist like that. I swear I spent like twenty minutes this morning trying to find the right colors for Darer and Tangle this morning and I didn't even try to start looking for all the other characters who talked later on.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

T-T
I just realised I was going by my forum time.
And it was wrong. I thought I'd gotten it in at 11:27, and then I cam over here and everyone was saying it had already ended...
And now I'm late. -curls up and dies a little inside- Sad Cosmic is sad... And is a complete idjit.

EDIT: Odder and odder is that my preferences say that my time is set to UTC - 8 Pacific Standard Time. o.O That's PST, isn't it? Is there something wrong with the forum clock, or am I just duncier than I usually am? XD
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Dun worry, guys, a few seconds late isn't going to disqualify you. <3 You're all super awesome for getting that amount of writing done in such a short period!

Cosmic, I'm guessing that you might not have set the forum for Daylight Savings Time? I won't be able to enter you in for one of the three larger prizes, since you came in a little late, but you'll definitely still be in for one of the participation prizes. *snugs*
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy

Post by Puuka »

Wonderful Jenn, thank you! <3

@Cosmic: I'm so sorry your times got mixed up T.T You worked so hard. *luffs on*
Timezones always throw me off big time too, I just can't seem to get a grasp on them. I keep three clocks on my desktop for just this. PI Time, Sushi Time and My Time. xD
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy

Post by Puuka »

I have to admit, the decline in level of quality in my post, as the time got later and closer to cut off, is somewhat amusing. xD /fail
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

Jennalyn wrote:Cosmic, I'm guessing that you might not have set the forum for Daylight Savings Time? I won't be able to enter you in for one of the three larger prizes, since you came in a little late, but you'll definitely still be in for one of the participation prizes. *snugs*
I think you may be right. XD There's only one setting for it, but when I looked online it did say that. Ah well, it wasn't really about the prizes anyway... I had fun writing Fury, she's so competitive, she'll do just about anything to win! ^o^ And I'm proud I managed to write so much, as I've been working on my projects and helping my mom with her business, and not sleeping well to boot, but when I was typing I just got to fall right into my own little world. <3 All done in one morning too, cause I got all my stuff done yesterday and my mom wasn't here today to put more of her stuff on my plate! -does little dance of freedom-

So it's not really about the prizes anyway... It's just handy to know about the forum-clock thingie now. -chuckles- I shall change it, for future contests. :3
Puuka wrote:@Cosmic: I'm so sorry your times got mixed up T.T You worked so hard. *luffs on*
Timezones always throw me off big time too, I just can't seem to get a grasp on them. I keep three clocks on my desktop for just this. PI Time, Sushi Time and My Time. xD
That's... A really good idea. :O I can't put them on my desktop, but I have a function on my dashboard (it's a Mac laptop) that lets me put in a clock, so I'll change that one to Sushi time! I know 'PI time' in relation to 'my time' off by heart, for I am a geek and have nothing better to do with my time other than memorise hour differences. >.>;; Yup.
-noms on Puuka- I luffs you. <3 I luffs you muchly.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Eirnae »

*Pops online before going to work and sighs with relief* Thank you, Jenn! *Pounces forwards with a hug of gratitude!* :D

Cosmic, I just want to say that I really admire your attitude, there. It definitely is about the adventure and not the prize. Congratulations for finishing your story, and it bears to note that I am reading it right-this-minute, and I'm really enjoying it. :) *Hugs!*
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

Eirnae wrote:Cosmic, I just want to say that I really admire your attitude, there. It definitely is about the adventure and not the prize. Congratulations for finishing your story, and it bears to note that I am reading it right-this-minute, and I'm really enjoying it. :) *Hugs!*
-clings to happily- Thanks so much Eirnae! <3 I've decided, just this minute, that I'm going to start writing something about two of my other Sams. Because writing it, and having you compliment it, has really re-inspired me to get back into writing! I shall treat it as practice for NaNoWriMo. o.o For even though that's still almost 5 months away, it never hurts to 'warm up' as early as possible. XD
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

I'm just glad I did mine early, considering all the franticness that you all seem to be exhibiting. xD; I don't have time right now to read through everyone's stories, but I'll get to it when I get home Wednesday or Thursday. I'm sure everyone did wonderfully! :D Also, good luck to everyone! :3
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Janalee »

Ooh, I'm sorry to hear about your time zone difficulties Cosmic; if it makes you feel better, I just realized that in one of my edits last night, I must have pasted in an older version of my story that doesn't have Mystic actually giving Princess his item... *smiles and rolls her eyes at her own idiocy* Amazing what a difference that one sentence makes. Ah well, what can you do; not like I thought I had a chance at winning anyway. *grins, and settles down to read through the entries* Good luck everyone!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

-giggles at Jana- Really? I didn't realise! I thought it was really good, even without that last sentence. :3 -noms on- The story flowed marvelously, and Mystic was really well played! I'd love to meet him in a RP one day.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

*purrs and rolls around on the thread* I just got finished reading through the last of the entries, and there's some wonderful stories in there! I don't envy Jenn and her friends the task of judging this...

Sorry to hear about your time mix-up Cosmic... Daylight savings is so confusing at times...

I almost feel like there should be an aftermath RP now! Where all the seekers and anyone else who just wants to be there for the celebration can show up and mingle and celebrate!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Aranea
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Aranea »

Yep, Paean's going to be late back. :? Uh, an aftermath party sounds like a great idea.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

Hehe, it's my fault for just going with the forum time and not double checking. I usually would, but the last few days have been so very, ah, stressful, that I just slipped my mind. XD But now I know for next time! So I got a fun little story out of it, and a tip-off about remembering to always double check. -nods happily-

Also, celebration RP sounds like awesome-fun! Though... Fury isn't much for a celebration, as she is moody and sulky about doing Princess's dirty work. -_-;; In her mind, anyway. She may just turn up to try and bring everyone else's mood down!
Or hit someone. That always cheers her up. XD -dies-
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Janalee »

CosmicDragon wrote:-giggles at Jana- Really? I didn't realise! I thought it was really good, even without that last sentence. :3 -noms on- The story flowed marvelously, and Mystic was really well played! I'd love to meet him in a RP one day.
Well, if we both didn't realize... *hurriedly tries to distract the judges into missing it too* XP
I'm glad you liked the story anyway! Guess that's really reason enough for it to exist. *smiles* I was actually kind of worried about playing Mystic, since he's pretty silent and cautious most of the time; I rather enjoyed trying to stress him out a bit so that he'd show more of his personality though, so you never know when he might come out again.
And I have say, I love Fury; she's such a competitive ball of angry energy that it's just plain fun to read. ^^

Hm, and a celebration RP would be rather nice... *wonders if she could convince Mystic to stick around for it*
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

I'm about halfway though all the stories and I'm really enjoying all of them. I'm hoping to have time to finish reading them tomorrow. Darer and I would most defiantly be up for a celebration rp at some point.