Talk about anything you want here.
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Another newbie post

Post by Jaes »

Hi guys!

Wow, I'm so glad I found this board! Way back in the days of yore, when Geocities was king of the hill, I was obsessed with online adoptables. I made a page on Angelfire and started collecting and getting involved with adoption. I was in love with The Silver Unicorn and Arborwin's melceys and eventually through those sites found the Sams. WHICH WERE AWESOME. The world-building was incredibly and the Sams themselves so beautiful. I was lucky enough to get one for my own, and luckier still to get a second.

Fast forward a few years. I still had my adopteds online, but I'd basically forgotten that they even existed. A few weeks ago I logged into my domain for the first time in months and rediscovered them. I did some googling and ended up here. It's like a blast from my past! It's so amazing that the Sams are still around - and thriving!

So... hi. I used to go by Jaejoria ages ago, if anyone remembers that name. I've kept the first part - Jae - and use that in various forms around the net. Nice to meet you!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Re: Another newbie post

Post by RikkuGirl »

WELCOME!!! and WELCOME BACK! :D

Its wonderful to have you back in the community! ^__^ We do love our newbies and welcome you with totaly open arms *hugs* ^__^ I cant wait to get to know you and see what sams you have and will get! :D

Do you rp by chance? ^_^
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Welcome welcome welcome! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Welcome! It's always delightful to see another old-school adopter reappear out of the blue. :D
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

I... know you, I think. I'm almost positive. I mean, if you're who I'm thinking of, then I definitely did. I used to go by ChaosWing, so.. uh.

If I'm remembering right, OMG YAY IT'S YOU I MISSED YOU <333 *flails*
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Welcome back to Samanayrs, and to the new forums :D It's so awesome when people from way back find us again! In fact, I believe you have one of the earliest Samanayrs, unless I'm confusing you with a different Jae:

Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Jaes »

Xenon wrote:I... know you, I think. I'm almost positive. I mean, if you're who I'm thinking of, then I definitely did. I used to go by ChaosWing, so.. uh.

If I'm remembering right, OMG YAY IT'S YOU I MISSED YOU <333 *flails*
! Yep - I totally remember you! Eeeeeeeeeeee it's so cool to find you again! How've you been?
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Welcome to the forum Jaes! It's always nice to see new/old faces around! If you need any help figuring stuff out just ask! There are a ton of us willing to lend a helping hand!
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Jaes »

Sushidragon wrote:Welcome back to Samanayrs, and to the new forums :D It's so awesome when people from way back find us again! In fact, I believe you have one of the earliest Samanayrs, unless I'm confusing you with a different Jae:

Thanks for the welcome! Yep, that's me and that's my first Sam. :D It's so interesting to see how your art style has evolved since then. I'll always love her, but the new Samanayrs just blow me away.
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Jaes »

RikkuGirl wrote:WELCOME!!! and WELCOME BACK! :D
Its wonderful to have you back in the community! ^__^ We do love our newbies and welcome you with totaly open arms *hugs* ^__^ I cant wait to get to know you and see what sams you have and will get! :D

Do you rp by chance? ^_^
Thanks! I haven't rp'd in soooo long. It'll be fun to start up again!
Jennalyn wrote:Welcome! It's always delightful to see another old-school adopter reappear out of the blue. :D
Thank you!
silvermoondragon wrote:Welcome welcome welcome! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
I will - Thanks!
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

Jaes wrote:! Yep - I totally remember you! Eeeeeeeeeeee it's so cool to find you again! How've you been?
Jeez, it's been forever! I was looking through my Melceys the other day and thinking about people, and then you reappeared here! Anyway, I've been great! How about you? It's crazy how the cyberpet world tends to bring people back to it even after years. @_@
LakotaWolf
LOL WUT

Post by LakotaWolf »

You totally need to enter the next breeding season with that Original Generation Sam of yours - it'd be so awesome and historic if she had a modern-Sushi-art baby! XD

Plus I really like her mane and tail gradients XD
Image Image
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Jaes »

Xenon wrote: Jeez, it's been forever! I was looking through my Melceys the other day and thinking about people, and then you reappeared here! Anyway, I've been great! How about you? It's crazy how the cyberpet world tends to bring people back to it even after years. @_@
I've been good, too! That's one of the things I love about cyberadoptions - They make such strong communities. It'd be awesome if someday Arby followed Sushidragon's example and started doing Melceys again and brought back her forum. I think tons of people would come out of the woodwork for that.
LakotaWolf wrote:You totally need to enter the next breeding season with that Original Generation Sam of yours - it'd be so awesome and historic if she had a modern-Sushi-art baby! XD

Plus I really like her mane and tail gradients XD
Hee, I think I will! It'll be cool to see how her looks translate into the new generation.