/Enkeyns\ - Questions and Knowledge - results!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

/Enkeyns\ - Questions and Knowledge - results!

Post by Sushidragon »

Fur, feathers, and lots of both - that's what the Enkeyns are all about! Refugees from a distant land, these large, furry dragons are learning how to make their way in the Sharian realm of Tey'shar, alongside such creatures as the Sharians and Samanayrs.

Meanwhile, the much smaller Sa'enkeyns are trying to discover themselves as a new people all of their own, trying to find out where they belong in the world and seeking acceptance from the Enkeyns.

Will you foster an Enkeyn or Sa'enkeyn of your own? Only time will tell!
- - - - -
Enkeyns and Sa'enkeyns are all hand-drawn and -colored, and each is completely unique! They will be breedable and roleplaying will be strongly encouraged once things are up and running, and other activities are in the works for them as well. For now, here's a couple of examples!

A Snowstone Enkeyn:
And a second-gen Sa'enkeyn:
- - - - -
The Enkeyn website, Kenist Miana, is also up and running! Some important sections to check out are:

Rules - The rules that need to be followed if you'd like to adopt an Enkeyn or Sa'enkeyn.
Information - There's detailed information about Enkeyns, Enkeyn seyts, Enkeyn society, and Sa'enkeyns!
Breeding - Although breedings won't be available for a while, you can still see what's involved.

The FAQ, customs, traits, and records pages aren't yet available, but hopefully they'll be up before long! Click the button below to visit the site (you can also use this button to link back to us!):

[URL http://samanayrs.net/enkeyns]Image[/URL]
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: /Enkeyns\ - Questions and Knowledge

Post by Sushidragon »

The Question Draw
It's hard to have a 'frequently asked questions' portion of the site when nobody's asked any questions. That's where you come in! Read all the info but not sure about something? Is a vital piece of information missing from the site? Please ask away!

Everyone who asks a question will be entered in a draw for this handsome gentleman:
"I like questions too!"
He's a second-generation Sa'enkeyn, meaning that he had at least one parent who was originally an Enkeyn. He speaks several languages and doesn't have any problems making himself understood.

Rules!

- To enter the draw, you need to ask at least one Enkeyn/Sa'enkeyn-related question! You can ask more than one but you won't receive additional entries.
- Please check to make sure your question hasn't already been asked (this event is taking place [URL http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1429]on the forum[/url] too).
- Please don't edit your post! If you want to change your question or ask more, just make another post.
- You can enter on PI or the forum, but not both places.

To enter, please post in bold "I have a question..." and put your question(s) underneath! These won't all make it into the FAQ, but I'll try to at least answer them all :D This will be open until May 6, 3pm PDT - good luck!
Image Image

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Knowledge Quiz
I have a few Enkeyns hanging around from a few years ago that never found homes - Sasaeso is one of them!
"I may be a little older than some of the young whippersnappers out there today, but I'm still pretty!"
Sasaeso's name means 'Crag' and she's a pure Stone Enkeyn, with the unique Stone trait of claws made out of actual rock. She might be a little vain, but she has a good head on her shoulders and admires knowledge and understanding.

In fact, Sasaeso wants to test your knowledge of Enkeyns and Sa'enkeyns! She's done up a little quiz of information that can be found on the Kenist Miana site. Your task is to correctly fill out the quiz, and one random winner will get to foster Sasaeso!

Rules

- You can enter on PI or the forum, but not both places.
- Please don't post the answers in this thread! Doing so will disqualify you from this event.
- Double-check your answers before you send off your entry, because once you've sent it you can't edit it!

To enter this draw, please send me a PM with the subject Knowledge Quiz and the following filled out:

What is the name of the Enkeyn language?
Does an Enkeyn pup take its mother's or father's surname?
What is the breeding success rate for a bonded Sa'enkeyn pair?
What does 'Kenist Miana' mean?
What is the defining feature of Grass Enkeyns?
How many Almanenkeyns are there?
What is the average length of a Sa'enkeyn?

This will be open until May 6, 3pm PDT - good luck!
Image Image

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

"I have a question..."

Are the traits a Enkeyn can have limited to the Syet they are part of?
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

"I have a question..."

It says on the Seyts page, "smaller seyts and new ones being created every so often", and on the society page, "There need to be at least two males and two females and the seyt creation must be approved by the Almanenkeyns," how exactly does this work?
Could I create a new seyt, like a song in Samanayrs or are these sets created by you, more like a Samanayr species?
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

"I have a question..." (or maybe two... XP)

Will there be an Enkeyn language dictionary for us to look at?
There's a religion section for the Sa’enkeyns, but not the Enkeyns; will one ever be added for them?
In the breeding section, you first say that pairs can be applied with more than once, but will only be successful once, and the next point says that each male and female can only be applied with once...is the first point for non-breeding season events then, and the second for breeding seasons?
How important is a defining feature to a seyt? If, for example, a breeding between two different seyts resulted in an offspring without one of those features, would they still be able to join their parents' seyts?
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

"I have a question..."
If a new Seyt were formed, how would the defining trait be decided on? Or is a Seyt formed around the trait in the first place?
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Yikes, sorry to take so long ending these events XD; I'll try to make sure the next ones are resolved, you know, less than a week after they end!

Mr Sa'enkeyn was pleased that so many questions were asked! Random had its say, and he'll be going home with Tervenna! Please let me know what you'd like to name him, keeping the naming rules in mind for Sa'enkeyns:

As a rule, Sa’enkeyns cannot be given ‘real’ names (eg Sarah, Bob, Joe), names based on fictional characters (eg Sephiroth, Captain Picard), or names with non-English words (eg Fleur, Sakura).

Sasaeso was impressed with the number of knowledgeable responders. She will be going home with Kagari and thanks you all for taking the time to respond!

And now, the answers to your questions :O

@Orasteele - Nope! There's a lot of non-Seyt-specific traits out there to discover, although they will have fewer traits than Sa'enkeyns.

@silvermoondragon - Most new seyts will probably be created by me, but users will also have the opportunity to create seyts! I haven't figured out exactly how yet XD They're more like a Samanayr species than a Song.

@Janalee - Yep, there will be a Kelelian-English dictionary!

- Thanks for the reminder, that's a section I forgot for Enkeyns!

- Oops, that's not right XD Each pair can be applied with more than once, but can only be successful once per breeding season/event. I've tried to clarify this a little better on the breedings page.

- Defining features aren't the be-all end-all, but the are pretty important in terms of 'fitting in.' An Enkeyn without the defining trait would still be permitted to join their parent's seyt(s), they just might find themselves having a little more trouble fitting in and finding a mate within the seyt.

@CosmicDragon - A seyt isn't formed around the trait, the defining trait just tends to develop due to the seyt's location and somewhat close breeding within the group. Some seyts don't have a defining trait, but those haven't been introduced yet :D
Image Image