"Impress me" - a photo hunt! Results!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

"Impress me" - a photo hunt! Results!

Post by Sushidragon »

It's been brought to my attention that there's a distinct lack of Kodyla stallions, so I've convinced this fiery stallion to leave his comfortable home with a wealthy Sharian and seek out a new owner.
He has lived a very plush life - silk cushions, elegant meals on demand, the best in entertainment - and I had to promise him that he would receive similar comforts in his new home. He won't believe me without photographic proof, however.. so you'll need to prove that you could provide him with a home desirable to a Kodyla! You know what that means - photo scavenger hunt! :D

You'll need to take a photo of everything on Flair's list of things he would like to make sure your home (or at least somewhere easily accessible to you) has. Everyone who is able to provide photos of everything on the list will be entered in a random draw to win Flair!

There will also be two additional random winners drawn, one for each of these Firebirds:
Image Image
In addition to the prize pot, all entrants will receive a random modiem and some Heart Chocolates! What do the Chocolates do? You'll find out when all of the events are over!
Here's the list of stuff that you'll need to get a photo of, thus proving to Flair that you could provide the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed:
1 - Somewhere comfortable to sit or sleep
2 - A delicious meal
3 - Something entertaining
4 - A luxury item
5 - A nice view
6 - A fancy bauble
Rules and info!

- In each photo, pleas include a piece of paper with your username on it!
- The photos don't need to be taken around your house, they could be at work or just out wherever, as long as you take them yourself!
- If your photos are very large and you're unable to resize, please link to them instead.
- To enter the draw, just post all of your photos in this thread!
- This event is taking place on PI and the Sam forum, so please just post your photos in one of those places.

The event is open until February 21, 2pm PST/22:00 PI time - good luck!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Re: "Impress me" - a photo hunt!

Post by Seren »

Oh goodness! He's beautiful! So are those Firebirds!

Now perhaps a 165 year old pre-civil war plantation manor will be just his style? ;3
Signature under construction!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

hmm... what counts as easily accessible? I'll be home next week but its a 4 and a half hour plane ride to get there... so technically not easily accessible from where I normally reside XD
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

I'm diggin' those firebirds XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

While Silk is totally unimpressed with this upstart, and would like it to be known that he is MORE than enough of a Kodyla Stallion for any NUMBER of Kodyla women (I can't shut him up about how awesome he is, I'm sorry!) - I'm still totally going to try and enter this on the sly. Because in the rare chance that I'd win, the drama fireworks between them would be hilaaaaaaaarious! ;)

Silk: *Harrumph* Hilarious. As-if. I am nothing if the soul of a properity and the heart of a true & proper gentleman... ... ... now come away from that curr already!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

OMG!!!! D: I didnt know you had him del! Is he in the system on the sam site as a kodyla? O.o;; I dont remember him coming up when I searched.

HE IS GORGEOUS THOUGH! D: I love his colors and his pose... just spectacular! :D And the stallion up for grabs is just plain breathtaking! D: *gasp*

I will DEF be entering this event. :) Hopefully ill have some nice stuff and views that will lead him my way :D

Good luck every one!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Deserts & Illiayrs

Post by Esperanza »

Sushi, what do you technically mean by a "bauble". I searched it and saw Christmas decorations, Jewerly, etc. Just wondering, haha!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@silvermoondragon - It's just what's easiest for you to do/get to :D I didn't want anyone taking special fancy trips to the museum or something!

@Delicious - You know, he was only 300 Sams ago but I'd already forgotten about Silk XD; I'm sorry Silk!

..Flair vs Silk would indeed be epic XD

@Esperanza - Bauble, trinket, doo-dad, jewelry, fancy dealie, however you want to interpret it :D
Image Image

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Eeee i wanna make a cool tag D:
My Sams!

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

D: I have to take my nice view picture today! :D

yay!!!
My Sams!

Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Esperanza »

Wait, what would be a luxury item? Haha.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Ugh! I took a photo of my delicious meal - an awesome authentic Italian dish- but I didnt have a tag!

If I was to take a picture of the custom wine bottle in the picture with my tag in addition to the meal, would that maybe work?

I doubt we're having anything better than leftovers or hamburgers for the next few days. ><''
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Id assume something golden, diamond or victorian like. ^_^;;;

I think if those decorated eggs or a painted picture or statue

That's just me though
My Sams!

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

A luxury item can really be anything - a soap, a chocolate, a gaudy fake plastic gem XD As long as it's not something like a clump of hair from the drain you'll be fine!
Image Image

Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Esperanza »

A luxury item; Image
(Perfumes)
Somewhere comfortable to sit or sleep; Image
(My bed, haha)
A fancy bauble; Image
(Jewerly!)
Something entertaining; Image
(Who doesn't like xbox?)
A delicious meal; Image
(Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans, even a cookie!)
A nice view; Image
(My new betta fish, Amaterasu. What a lovely thing to watch!)
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

I love the jewelry Esperenza!

Also.... I want your breyer unicorn foal D:
Esperanza
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Esperanza »

Haha, thank you!
Yeah, the mother is behind the fish tank but she is harder to see. I have another unicorn on my shelf however. (:
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Yes, I just graciously offered Flair my sister's bed! XD

2 - A delicious meal

Citrus butter cookies could be a meal...or he can eat my name-tag too, if that looks delicious to him.

I don't even know if I mean the colors or the colored pencils here; guess I'm easily entertained.

4 - A luxury item

Because nothing says luxury like a harp I'll never be able to play! *crooked grin*

5 - A nice view

And the close-up of the name-tag is here, in case you can't read that fuzzy, vaguely red mess in the bottom corner.

6 - A fancy bauble

I figure wedding jewelry is 'fancy' enough, even if I did make it... ^^

Thanks for the chance, and I can't wait to see everyone else's photos too!
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

A papasan chair in the sun, with lots of pillow and fuzzy blankets?! Doesn't get much more comfortable than that...!

2 - A delicious meal
Probably not the most nutritious, but red velvet cake can make a deliciously LOVELY meal. Mrawr.

Now, they may be a little plebian for a stunning Kodayla like yourself, but these little magnetic sticks and bearings can keep ME entertained for a long, long time..... especially since there are so many of them!

4 - A luxury item
Nothing says luxury like creamed honey on toast. Ohm nomnomnom...!

5 - A nice view
Feel free to stare out my window and watch all manner of things pass by...and just wait until spring, when that bare tree just outside buds all over with fragrant and luscious tulip magnolias!!

6 - A fancy bauble
A shiny glass egg! It is mesmerizing in the sun...!
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

1) Somewhere comfortable to sit or sleep

The design may be a bit wild, but black and white goes great with fiery colors- and it’s the softest chair you can imagine, like a hammock really! (speaking of which, we have one of those too!)

2) A delicious meal

Homemade authentic Italian Peppers, Onions, and Basil Sauce, served over fresh pasta, with a side of crusty Italian bread and seasoned zucchini! And some red wine to top it off! ;3

(Real quick, for my actual photo, I didn’t have a tag- *sighs* so I took a second picture of the custom wine bottle with my tag next to it, does that count?)

3) Something Entertaining!

This isn’t just to show the fact that we have many game systems here- but to show off these live-in live shows! They sing, dance, make funny faces, create skits randomly- they also told me they’d be happy to wait on you, Flair, hoof and… er, hoof, because they think you’re so handsome. ;)

(Also, look at those faces XD they crack me up. For those of you who are wondering, they’re playing Just Dance 2)

4) A Nice View

We actually own this part of the river- it’s beautiful especially in other seasons, there’s lots of leaves and flowers everywhere, we also have scenic mountains in the area as well!

5) A Luxury Item

Who needs a luxury item when the whole house is a luxury? The house is a plantation mansion, of 4400 sq ft, with columns and three porches! Everything except for the plumbing and wiring is original, and the house itself is 166 years old.

6) A Fancy Bauble

Jewelry? Other stallions have that, you know! This piece isn’t just pretty- it’s a dagger from an Iraqi palace, inlaid with ivory, and featuring a very Samanayr-like hilt, don’t you agree? Imagine what a picture you’d make lying on a silk pillow and having this beauty in front of you, like a rich exotic sheikh?

(This “dagger” is in fact a letter opener (so its not too sharp) from Iraq… Saddam Hussein’s Palace to be exact! My dad brought it back when he was deployed. It features a horse head on the hilt, and has interesting markings- I don’t have any nice jewelry, so I went with this!)

Also, I wasn’t trying to be obnoxious with this post, I was more trying to go for a salesmen- like approach, over the top. XD It seems like it’ll take a lot to impress him!

Good luck to all!
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Janalee- Your shots are so great! <3 I love the one out your window.

Esperenza- I have a breyer unicorn stallion I got for Christmas XD

Delicious- I want that egg. O.O
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

So, in our efforts to tempt the lovely stallion, Nametag has returned and scavenged up everything on the list.

Close-up to better show the nametag
Silk pillow you say? I just happen to have one right here! Or...you know...the entire bed it's sitting on if that's more your thing. It's quite comfy; pillow topped mattress and all.

2 - A delicious meal
I thought to myself...what do Sams like? And then decided...what more tempting than an array of fresh, sweet fruit all winter long.

Close-up to better show the nametag
How about an entire closet full of games to play? Or...to have the humans play for your entertainment.

4 - A luxury item
Fine china perhaps? Mostly family heirlooms.

5 - A nice view
Image Image
Outside's a bit drab right now I fear, what with it being winter and no snow on the ground. But picture all those bushes and flowerbeds full of spring life and color! They're quite lovely three seasons out of the year! Or...until then you can admire the lovely indoor plants and dream of spring.

6 - A fancy bauble
The necklace being modeled by this gilded deer would look quite stunning on you I think. Just your colors, yes?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Pristine
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Pristine »

Well, the bed's not done at the moment, but I can think of a bed that never needs to be "done", and someone is happy to sleep in it... the cats ;P

2 - A delicious meal
Well, I remembered this event after we'd had dinner, but here is what I suspect we may have tomorrow night:

This was originally going to be a picture of one of my favorite board games, Ursuppe (Primordial Soup), but my cat Rumpelstiltskin got in on the picture... I suppose she's also quite entertaining ;P

4 - A luxury item
No doubt about it, that's our entertainment system. Here is the TV (and you can see our Kinect atop it):

5 - A nice view
Well, not much in north Florida is nice-looking to me, but I do always love seeing a smile on my boyfriend's face:

6 - A fancy bauble
An old, shiny necklace from a friend...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

...I totally forgot about this.. LOL I love everyones pictures though! They're pretty cool!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Not over yet! There's still...about 10 hours left to get pictures taken I think.

Sort of funny how everyone started posting all on the last day... He's suddenly got lots of cozy places to choose from!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image