Alternative media art contest! Results!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Alternative media art contest! Results!

Post by Sushidragon »

Phew, you guys! I was wondering what kind of awesome ideas you would come up with, and you didn't disappoint :D Going through these entries was so much fun, I loved seeing Samanayrs portrayed in all of the different mediums! Thank you for participating :D

I've also decided to change the participation prize a little. If you didn't win the grand prize or a runner-up prize, you can choose from the random modiem or a semi-custom pet token! Just let me know which you would like :D

And now the results!

For the grand prize, congratulations to Janalee with her wind-and-sun catcher! Stained glass was definitely not something I had thought of and I just love the result, it must look gorgeous hanging in the sun :D Please let me know which prizes you'd like from the prize pool!
The runner-up prizes are going to AranelSaraphim and Seren with their lovely candle holders! A very neat idea and very cool that you both had a similar idea completely accidentally XD Congrats to both of you! Random has decided that Seren will choose from the prize pot first after Janalee.
Image Image
And the fan favorite entry, as voted by the Samanayrs community, is AranelSarahpim's candle holder :D
Congrats to all of the winners, and thanks again to everyone who entered!

--

It's been a while since we've had a good old fashioned art contest.. and we won't be having one today, either! Instead, we're having a good brand new alternative medium art contest :D

What's an alternative medium? Anything that's not 2D traditional art materials (pencils, colored pencils, paint, markers, etc) or digital art! 3D art? Mixed media? Diorama? Cross stitch? Mashed potatoes? Let's see it!

I'll be picking a grand prize winner and two runner ups. In addition, the community will vote for the 'fan favorite' winner :D
Rules and info
- There is a limit of one entry per person.
- The theme is Fire and Rainbows! You're welcome to interpret that however you'd like, but your entry should include Samanayrs in some way too XD
- You're welcome to use any materials besides traditional 2D art materials (pencils, colored pencils, paint, markers, etc) or digital art.
- You can include these materials if they play a minor role in the piece but aren't the primary media used. For example, you could have a Samanayr colored with markers as part of a mixed media piece but couldn't just draw and color a scene entirely with markers.
- All work must be your own.
- All entries will be displayed once the event has closed!
- The grand prize winner and runners-up will be judged based on creativity, effort, originality, and use of the theme. I may enlist Mr Sushi to help me judge XD
Grand Prizes!
The grand prize winner will get to pick first from the prize pot and will get to choose two prizes! I will randomly determine which runner-up will choose from the prize pot next, and the remaining prize goes to the next runner-up. The grand prize winner and runner-ups will also each receive a modiem set (one of each!).

There will also be a prize awarded to the 'fan favorite' entry, chosen by the Samanayrs community! When the event is over, I'll set up the vote to run while I'm working on choosing the grand prize winners :D The fan favorite winner will receive this delicious Samanayr:

All entries will also receive a random modiem!

Prize Pot

To enter, please send me a PM with the subject Fire and Rainbows and the following form filled out:

Username:
Entry (please link to if especially large):
Materials used:
Anything else?

The contest is open until May 4, 2pm PDT/21:00 PI time - good luck!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Re: Alternative media art contest!

Post by Harroway »

Weird question but does it have to be art of a Sam, or just the fire and rainbows?
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

@Harroway - Fire, rainbows, and Sams
You're welcome to interpret that however you'd like, but your entry should include Samanayrs in some way too XD
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Oh derp, I missed that part. GO GO READING COMPREHENSION
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Eeeee hoping everything is finished in time...of course I didn't get home until last night, late. Ugh. XD I'll be working into the night and as soon as I get home tomorrow to try and reach the deadline!
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

I hope I don't have to take until six tomorrow to finish this, but seriously I'm tweaking out non-the-less, and I'm pretty much halfway finished XD

I feel bad for you Seren X'D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AranelSaraphim
Mystic
Mystic

Post by AranelSaraphim »

Me too. I can only really work while my daughter isn't around, so that means I'll have to finish tonight when she goes to bed. Good luck everyone!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

... My entry was almost finished, then this morning decided to be ridiculously cold and it all cracked and died. *facepalmed*
So today I made something completely different! YAY! XD But I've now come to realise that trying to work quickly with hot wax results in finger burns. Hehe.
STILL TOTALLY WORTH IT. *pleased*
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

:3 im working with paper. I dont have much time to finish but... IM TRYING!!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

>3> Cosmic, you've got me curious XDXD

I've nearly finished with mine, I just need to... put it together basically X'D and whoever invented paperclips needs to get a gigantic hug ASAP
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

I had a great idea for this contest, but just no time or materials handy to do so...
Although from what Cosmic mentioned, it seems like we may have had similar ideas!

Good luck everyone, I can't wait to see all the entries!
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

Yeah this will be cooly to see what all came up with. ^_^
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

It is amazing how many hours of work can go into something and it ends up looking like a kindergarten art project. XD I know your pain Cosmic! Mine partially broke and I had to fix it last night. :/ I'm just glad I finished in time! And considering I had exactly 3 hours of spare time, it turned out alright... XD I think... (whoo end of exam week!)
Signature under construction!
AranelSaraphim
Mystic
Mystic

Post by AranelSaraphim »

Yeah, I had a piece snap off too, but superglue worked to put it back!

Mine's sent in. Good luck everyone!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

*swoon* That took forever but I got it all sent in!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Glad to see I'm not the only one who had last-minute difficulties! *snuggles you all* The universe in conspiring against us guys. CONSPIRING. :|
Seren wrote:It is amazing how many hours of work can go into something and it ends up looking like a kindergarten art project. XD
This. So much of this. XD;;
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Kentouma
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Kentouma »

If it makes anyone feel better... Mine got squashed twice AND chewed up by a bratty dog! XD Solidarity in adversity! We should start a club!

I wasn't super creative with materials though, it sounds like there's going to be some really creatively awesome entries to see! XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

I know the feeling! I made a picture out of torn paper and the cats went NUTS... :( They turned it to confetti when I got home. Good luck everyone else! :D I cant wait to see the undestroyed masterpieces! My condolences to anyone else who had a mishap <333
My Sams!

SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

I'm lucky my dog never got at mine, but he most certainly got into the supplies (like my many glue sticks, and brushes. And bag.)
Codress
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Codress »

RikkuGirl wrote:I know the feeling! I made a picture out of torn paper and the cats went NUTS... :( They turned it to confetti when I got home. Good luck everyone else! :D I cant wait to see the undestroyed masterpieces! My condolences to anyone else who had a mishap <333
OMG sorry to hear that Rikku =( wish i could help in some way for you and the others that had probs. no buano >.< (hope i spelled that right) o.<
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

:) eh se la vie
My Sams!

Codress
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Codress »

Still can't wait to see what everyone has come up with. *stalking thread* lol
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Codress wrote:Still can't wait to see what everyone has come up with. *stalking thread* lol
*awkward coughing in the background* Same... >///>
Codress
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Codress »

ROFLMAO silverd ^_^ I love seeing your posts I get a big smile from them. THANK YOU!
Codress
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Codress »

Can't wait to see which ones sushi and mr. sushi choose ^_^ *stalking thread*

Took a lot of time and had to narrow down pics on mine xP lol Got burned a little too but meh was for all to enjoy. Can't wait to show all what I sent sushi. Even made a story for mine. LOL he hee

The other pics I saw for all where WOWIE can't wait to see what all sent too xD *stalking stalking*