NaNoWriMo prizes - results!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

NaNoWriMo prizes - results!

Post by Sushidragon »

Whoo, congrats to everyone who got NaNoing this month! It was a crazy ride, but it's just so good to get things down on paper, isn't it? :D

Here's the list of everyone who posted their final word count to the Samanayrs NaNo thread! As I expected, there were a lot more than 5 people with 50k+ words, so I did have to do a draw to see who got the custom tokens. If you have (custom) beside your name, you got one of them! Everyone else at the 50k mark will be receiving a random premade Samanayr.

Since there were 4 people at the 40k level and 5 tokens, I decided to give the last one to a random one of the 50k people as well!

Marbletoast
Rekyrem
Xenon
HybridSiren (custom)
Zephyr
Kashu Arashi (custom)
DawnStar7 (custom)
Origami_Dragon (custom)
Nightfeathers
Britain
CosmicDragon
Rynnie
abbeyinc (custom)
Orasteele
Kendarath (semi-custom)

Delicious
Echos
Takaeji
Saiki

silvermoondragon

Jennalyn
RikkuGirl

Raenia

Here's how to go about claiming prizes:

Tradeable items - you don't need to do anything, I'll add them to your inventory.
Semi-custom accessory - send me a PM with the colors you'd like, the ID of the Sam you'd like to equip the item to, and the location you'd like the item to be (eg head, leg, ear).
Semi-custom pet - send me a PM with the colors you'd like.
Semi-custom/custom token - I'll add these to your inventories. After that you're welcome to redeem them at any time!
Random Samanayrs - I'm hoping to get these out in the next few days! I'll PM your Sam to you.

Congrats to everyone for your writing success!

--

This is the first year I'm offering Samanayr rewards for NaNoers! If you're not familiar with NaNoWriMo, it's a contest where you try to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November!

http://nanowrimo.org

Here's the prizes I'm offering at various levels:

10,000+ words
A random grab bag of tradeable items (3 to 5)

20,000+ words
A semi-custom accessory

30,000+ words
A semi-custom major pet

40,000+ words
A semi-custom token (5 available)

50,000 words
A custom token (5 available)

For the 40k and 50k levels, there are only 5 of each token available, but they are NOT first-come first-served. Everyone who reaches those levels will be entered into a random draw for those items - everyone who is not selected will receive a random premade Samanayr. So basically, if you get 40k or over, you'll be receiving a Samanayr of some sort :D

If you want to claim a 50k prize you'll have to wait until the verified word count is up on the NaNo site on November 25. Please also note that when you make your prize claim post, this will be considered your final word count (eg, if you claim a prize with 40,001 words, then write 10,000 more words in a day and want to claim the 50,000 prize, you won't be able to), so make sure you're absolutely done writing before claiming your prize!

Please note there is also one prize per person - you don't get a prize each time you get to a new level.

To claim a prize, just reply to this post with the following information:

Username:
Word count:
Link to NaNoWriMo profile:

This will be open until December 1. Good luck, and happy writing :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Re: NaNoWriMo prizes!

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Ooh, extra incentive to keep on plugging away with my stories! Fun times... So when's the latest we can enter? November 30 or December 1? Or a little later than that? I know that NaNo officially ends midnight November 30. But I can see not wanting to enter this until December 1 just to make sure it really is a final count and that you won't write just a bit more to reach the next level. Anyways, happy writing all!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

So, can we only get one prize? Or do we get each prize up until the point that we stopped writting at?
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@Origami_Dragon - Ah, December 1. Basically the same time NaNoWriMo ends.

@Bluestarwolf12 - One prize total per person, not a prize each time you reach a new level. You decide which point you want to get a prize at.
Image Image

Zephyr
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayrn

Post by Zephyr »

Huh, that'll be hard....I mean, if you reach 50k you have a choice of MAYBE getting to win a custom - or going for a guaranteed pet :-\ So if you try for the 40k or 50k, and lose the draw, even though you made it further than 30k and lower ranks, you don't win anything at all? I have to admit, if I made it to 50k+ and ended up losing the draw, I'd be pretty grumpy at those who stopped at the 30k rank :(

Edited for inability to read >_<

Premades are STILL win, because Sushi is this crazy awesome Psychic at somehow KNOWING what the awesomest Sams are XD
Last edited by Zephyr on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Zeph - it also says that those at the 40k+ ranks will definitely get a Sam, just not necessarily a custom. :P :P No need to get grumpus-y quite yet.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Oooh, duh...I'm blind... There's the end date right there on the last line...

And even if you don't win the custom/semi-custom in the higher levels, you will get a Sam! It'll just be a premade rather than customized. Now I'm curious if those nine Sams posted for naming help will still be made into cards or if they'll be set aside as a stock of premade prizes in case enough people make it to the finish.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Takaeji
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Takaeji »

Honestly, I'm glad there's even a chance to be getting anything for NaNo. It's a nice little fun challenge to do, and I'm purely interested in seeing how much I write in a month without stressing or pushing myself for that big 50k winner. And we can get Sam prizes on side of that? That's a good deal right there. And I didn't even expect the prizes to be this good, so getting everything if you reach 50k would be... a lot of work on Sushi for something that is rewarding in its own way already. 'XD
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

Okay, since I tend to be rather wordy....*cough* would there happen to be prizes for those who go over 50k? XD
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Best of luck to all you NaNoers! <3

*waves flag*
Zephyr
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Zephyr »

Edited for blindness factor! I blame it at least partially on the absence of coffee, less than four hours of sleep, and 5k written so far :D I just came back from the write-in, it was a lot of fun :)
Image Image Image Image
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Wheee! :D Can't wait to see what level I reach... It's my first year, so I don't expect to hit 50k. The halfway point would be nice though!
-works-
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

You can do it Cosmic! This is my first year too, and I'm struggling a bit with my start, but it will come together!!
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

It's my first year too! I'm off to a good start so far, but I'm just hoping that I can keep it up throughout the month. But...it's a good reason to stop being lazy and go write some Sam backstories! Yeah...no desire to write an actual novel here...but I do want to write me some backstory.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Zephyr
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Zephyr »

I'm used to word-wars, but OF COURSE Aim is being lame and I can't get into any of the AIM nano chatrooms for word wars :(
Image Image Image Image
Pristine
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Pristine »

Wow, this is some awesome incentive! Thanks so much for considering this, Sushi. I joined this year just to sort of be part of the 'in-crowd' and because I've been dying to work on my fanfic and this seemed like a good way. Now I have even more of a reason to push myself.

Too bad I seem woefully behind all of my current buddies. *pokes Sushi and rekyrem and their writing sk1llz0rz*

ETA: Oh, I'm Pristine on there if anyone wants to add me as a writing buddy :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@Zephyr - As has been pointed out, if you write more than 10k words, you're guaranteed to win a prize.

@Origami_Dragon - I think I actually edited that in after you posted, but yeah, I think that makes it a bit more clear.

@Britain - More power to you if you write more than 50k words, but there won't be additional prizes for that level.

@CosmicDragon - You never know, this is my sixth year doing NaNoWriMo and I've only 'won' twice, one of those wins being my first year!

@Pristine - I'm finding that buddy list on the NaNoWriMo site to be really fun, I love seeing how many words everyone has! Now if only their little word count widgets would work..
Image Image

Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

Weird question - for my version of NaNo, rather than doing one big story I'm focusing on doing as much writing about Apocalypse, the character Scythe is kinda based on, as I can. RP at SoD is big in that regard, but I'm also going to be doing a bunch of prompts about him.

So it's not exactly NaNo, but I am doing a lot of writing. Can I still potentially qualify?

((yay I got 3401 words today in RP posts alone. tomorrow I'll hopefully get a drabble done as well!))
Kendarath
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Kendarath »

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! Certainly a bundle of incentive to keep going when I hit the "why am I doing this again?" point.
Britain
Valentine Key

Post by Britain »

Lol, thought it was worth an ask. Optimism, I has it! XD
Zephyr
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Zephyr »

Yea, Sushi, I did realise my mistake. Gomenasai! T_T

And I wish the wordcount widgets would work, too. D:

Day two! How is everyone doing on word count? Harder or easier than you thought? How are the first-timers feeling?
Image Image Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Ooh, I will definitely try with all these shiny prizes! I should be able to start on Wednesday since that's when my midterms start slowing down and I will have some free time. My username there is also silvermoondragon. No words yet :(
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

*wiggles* ^^ Mine is coming along fine I think :3 Just need to keep it up. ^_^ I have to get to the goal for today at least ^_^;; 3333 XD *flails*
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Britain
Valentine Key

Post by Britain »

Random curiosity, Sushi- for the custom tokens, what races of Sam can be requested? Common breeds or any breed?
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Zephyr wrote:Day two! How is everyone doing on word count? Harder or easier than you thought? How are the first-timers feeling?
I am so far behiiiind. D: It's much harder than I'd anticipated, though I suppose it doesn't help that I'm trying to pack for our upcoming move at the same time. >.>;
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor